Friday, May 21, 2010

Blogger's Quilt Festival- Birthday Quilt




I finished this quilt almost a year ago but thought it would be fun to share it with everyone again.



This is my 4th or 5th quilt which was made for my 4th daughter's 1st birthday. I love the pink/brown combination and used some of my hoarded fabrics that I had been hanging onto for awhile. It was quite difficult for me to come up with the color combination in this quilt. I got out all of my pinks and laid them next to each other trying to figure out what solid color I wanted to use for the focus blocks. I must of had those piles of pink fabric laying on the floor for a month before I finally decided on brown.

I really enjoyed quilting this quilt and learned a lot. I decided that the stippling was much too small and close together. I think it took around 8 hours to quilt the whole thing and it's only a 45" square. I also learned that I really liked quilting. I was so proud of myself after I had finished it and then washed and dried it. It looked so cool coming out of the drier all wrinkly and pretty.

I'm looking forward to making many more quilts. My daughters have all requested one of their own.  So far, I have finished one more quilt and am working on another.

25 comments:

  1. It sure is cute! The fabrics are darling and that color combo is perfection.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that tricycle fabric! Beautiful quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! The quilting really adds so much, love the texture.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great color combination it is very nice congratulations

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is lovely. Love the fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoyed seeing how you made so many unique blocks come together and be framed with the pink and brown prints. The focus fabric squares are very uniquely designed. Your daughter is a very lucky girl.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is just so girly and cute, I'll bet they all do want one of their own!

    ReplyDelete
  8. darling quilt! And I love the bicycle print especially. I'm about to start a pink quilt for my niece/goddaughter who's 5.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So well done! What a special way to mark such a special occasion. I love the pink and brown too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such an adorable quilt! It's just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is just gorgeous ; love the colors ! Your daughter is blessed to have you as her mom !

    ReplyDelete
  12. i love pink & brown together, but I don't get a chance to use it a lot, since I have boys....love the birds and bicycles too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. the pink and brown together are amazing. Such a lovely quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very cute! Love pink and brown together!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful quilt! Love those bicycles.

    ReplyDelete
  16. love the little pics and the stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Delightful quilt. Love the fabrics, colors and design. Spectacular!

    SewCalGal
    www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I have 3 grown up daughters, my first quilt was the for the youngest . All my daughters have put in orders now!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Its gorgeous! Love the pink/brown combo. No wonder there is demand for more.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I think the quilting is just perfect on this quilt--and I love those fussy cut novelty squares!

    ReplyDelete
  21. darling quilt and the color combination is great. always fun to read about the journey to a finished project

    ReplyDelete